|Avalanche 101 at Glencoe Mountain. A serious subject, but no reason why learning can't be fun!|
- Weather snow and meteo
- Avalanche release
- Victim triggered avalanche: Snap, Crackle & Pop
- Forecast interpretation including European and North American forecast reportage and the SAIS
- Pre trip planning and pre depart Beacon checks
- 4 "A"'s of planning and slope assessment
- Slope assessment the 3 "C"s before you drop in
- Beacon Searching 101: Three phases of a search, including signal spike, antenna orientation and smart antenna technology, Mark/Flagging and DAV 3 circle method
- Probing 101: Including radial probing during pinpoint
- Digging 101: Strategic shoveling and conveyor shoveling
- Victim recovery: Triple "H"
More courses may follow at Nevis Range or Glenshee if I get enough interest from a groups.
I can supply the full range of Ortovox, Back Country Access, Dynafit and Movement ranges of equipment. If you buy a Beacon (transceiver) from me I am more than happy to run a free familiarty session up the hill. All kit is warrantied. While there may be cheap deals "online" you won't be buying from someone who knows the strong and weak points of various beacons and who has been at the sharp end of victim recovery and can offer proffessional advice and training on the slopes.
2 antenna but faster and easier to use than many 3 antenna beacons
Simple, reliable and very fast. Recommended to rescue teams
The best and smallest Transceiver on the market. Signal supression feature for multiple victim searching.
If you like "flagging" multi victims. Flagging is not reliable in any beacon but this one is better than most